Eyebrow, Microblading Service in Decatur, AL, Procedures Questions & Answers
Keeping your eyebrows looking perfect can be a pain, literally. Say goodbye to waxing and tweezing with our eyebrow microblading service in Decatur, AL. We can help if you've lost your natural eyebrows from over-tweezing or medical conditions such as chemo treatments. We'll start with an in-depth consultation, where we will work with you to enhance your natural beauty and increase your confidence. Contact us today!
Customized for You
We use hypoallergenic and specialized microblading ink that won't develop any redness or irritation. The workspace is extremely clean and sterile, and compliant with all local and state regulations. Our specialists will perfectly match your skin pigment and hair color, shaping your brows to compliment your facial structure. Our cosmetic services are semi-permanent, so you can expect your brows to look amazing anywhere from six months to two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Naturally perfect eyebrows are few and far between, however Microblading makes it possible to achieve super natural looking brows, which are the nearest thing to natural perfection! Microblading is a form of permanent makeup and is a relatively new technique of enhancing the appearance of eyebrows. Microblading is performed with the use of an ultra-thin blade. This blade is a grouping of extremely fine needles affixed to a handle to manually create clean and crisp lines that resemble eyebrow hairs. Using a hand tool and blade, natural pigment is deposited into the upper dermal layer of the skin, making it semi-permanent for 1-2 years, depending on the skin type and lifestyle. This technique will give your client thin and defined hair strokes opposed to the conventional permanent makeup machine which can create a solid and unnatural ‘drawn on’ look.
Q. IS IT A TATTOO?
A. YES! Any procedure where pigment is implanted in the skin is considered tattooing.
Q. DOES MICROBLADING HURT?
A. Everyone has different pain tolerances. Most clients barely feel a thing – some even fall asleep while others find the pain intense, but manageable. The therapist will always try her best to make you are as comfortable as possible and manage any discomfort. Here’s how:
The therapist will use a numbing cream prior to the procedure as well as a topical anesthetic during the procedure. Less or more anesthetic can be used as needed.
*Please note that if you are on your cycle or if you have had alcoholic beverages, coffee, or energizing drinks the day of and/or the night before, you may be more sensitive to the procedure.
Q. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
A. The appointment is typically 2 hours (sometimes 2.5) depending on how long it takes for your approval of the eyebrow shape and drawing. Preparation, measuring and drawing can take up to 1 hour. Microblading itself will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
Q. WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY EYEBROW PROCEDURE?
- If you have an ideal shape, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- If you are particular with your shape, you may fill in your eyebrow as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- Avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin and ibuprofen as they are natural blood thinners.
- Do not drink any alcohol 24 hours before and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. This will affect the color deposit and may make you more prone to sensitivity and/or cause more bleeding.
- If you have been on Accutane in the past, you must wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid intense sun exposure and tanning bed exposure for 20 days before and after your procedure. If you show up to your appointment with a new tan or sunburn, you will need to reschedule.
- Avoid waxing the procedure area 2-3 days prior.
- Avoid getting any type of facial peel at least one week prior.
You may want to shower ahead of time because you will need to avoid getting them wet and over hydrated after the appointment.